Last Updated: July 17, 2015
Information we collect about you
There are two categories of information we might collect from you: personally identifiable information (PII) and non-personally identifiable information (non-PII). PII consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify you as an individual, whereas non-PII consists of information that does not reveal your identity. The following sections describe how your PII and non-PII are collected and used by us.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number. In case you wish to transact business with us we may also collect financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also request information about your interests and activities, your gender, age, and ethnicity, as well as your username. By choosing to have a profile on Xtabia, some of the provided information is displayed publicly to site’s visitors. You may also choose to provide us with your photo(s), and by providing us such content, you agree that we make them available to site’s visitors. Except as otherwise stated in this privacy statement, we do not disclose your PII such as your real name to anyone.
- E-mails. We require an e-mail address from you when you register on our website. We use your e-mail for both transactional (e.g., Registration confirmation, payment processing, etc.) and promotional (e.g., newsletters, special discounts, various notifications) purposes. E-mail messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mails, including whether the e-mail was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional e-mails from us, please see the section below labeled “Choice/Opt-Out”. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Xtabia services, such as service and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Xtabia.com never SPAMs and is fully compliant with the requirements of the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act.
- Information from other sources. Please rest assured that Xtabia.com shall only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of completing Registration Form, e-mails and contact forms. Xtabia.com does not collect any PII or non-PII about you from other businesses or third parties. We do not collect any information about you from third party social platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Purchase Information. To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit our website. This information could include your IP address, device ID, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (See “Cookies”below ), and the referring website address.
- Other Technologies. We may use “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”), which are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies, in order to track your use of our site and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We do not link the web beacons to any PII.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow service providers, advertising companies, ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties.
How we use the information we collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- communicate with you by email, about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- perform ad tracking and website analytics;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions;
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection;
With whom we share your information
As an integral part of providing the Xtabia Advertising Services, your profile information (including your telephone number and your photos) will be disclosed to Xtabia website users.
Your personal information will not be shared with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers: We may share information, including personal information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, and supporting our website functionality. We may also share your name, contact information and credit card information with our service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information, including personal information :
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- If in our sole opinion, we suspect or have reason to suspect, that the information involves a party who may be the victim of abuse in any form. Abuse may include, without limitation, elder abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse, neglect, or domestic violence. Information may be disclosed to authorities that we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate to handle such disclosure. Appropriate authorities may include, without limitation, law enforcement agencies, child protection agencies, or court officials. You hereby acknowledge and agree that we are permitted to make such disclosure.
- As a Result of Sale of Business. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your PII may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your PII may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your PII is collected or used.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to create an account or use certain features of our site.
- When you register on our site, you consent to receive email messages from us.
You will be given the opportunity, in any commercial/promotional email that we send you, to opt out of receiving these messages in the future. It may take up to 7 days for us to process an opt-out request. Opt-out request can be e-mailed to us directly or via Contact Us form. We may send you transactional and reminder emails, such as service announcements or administrative notices, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of receipt of commercial email communications, will only affect future activities or communications from us.
How we protect your personal information
- We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications would always remain secure. We will exercise reasonable care ensuring secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and hence accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure. Users should take great care and precautions how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Information you provide about yourself while using our service
- Although our website is a general audience site, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not target our site or services to anyone under the age of 18, and any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 18, will be deleted from our website.
Visiting website from outside of Canada
- If you are visiting our website from outside of Canada, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in Canada where our central database is operated.
- We reserve the right to modify and update this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, or by other means, such as e-mail, at our discretion.
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE PRACTICES SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND THE APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE.
How to contact us